Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How I Began

I was raised as a Catholic when I was a child, just like most other people in my area. I even attended a Catholic elementary school. Today, however, I am wiccan. I first found out about Wicca when I was 9 years-old, I am 21 now. It interested me from the first moment. My mom gave me Silver RavenWolf's "Teen Witch" that year. I loved everything about the religion, the way it involves nature, the rituals, the way you actually have some control over your life. However, I've been a lazy witch. I believe in this religion with my whole heart, but I have not been practicing the way I would like to be. I've never done any rituals, and I have tried to cast spells without proper preparation. I want to learn more about my path...

This blog will be about my journey along the sacred path to enlightenment and a better understanding of myself. I will post about things I learn and do, and even post advice for fellow witches who have a thirst for learning.

2 comments:

  1. I am a firm believer that you have have all of the religion without all the trappings - no tools, no rituals, no spells. All it takes is a love for the God and Goddess, and a respect for nature. The other stuff, while it can be fun, and useful and add to the religion, is icing on the cake.

    So don't stress over not knowing "enough" or "the right things". Find what interests you, and follow your heart. It won't lead you wrong down your path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Mrs.B. What you said makes a lot of sense. You're a very wise lady =)

    ReplyDelete